Monday, November 26, 2007

help a sister out..title?!?!?!?

Your a boy because your arms
Don’t have the strength
To cradle my frail body.
Endless nights in the air loom rocking chair,
Where we stared at the fluorescent green numbers on the clock.
Flashing.
Rocking.
Trying to forget
The demonic pounding in my ears.
From the ear infections.
Sick from the cruel assessments,
And harsh standards forced upon us all.

You’re my father because
When you tell me I’m not working hard enough,
I long to show someone the scar tissue you caused.
All I have to offer now are my tears.
I thought you being there was painful,
But you not coming was even worse.
Accepting disappointment is one thing,
Knowing that I disappointed you is the hardest thing.
Like the rock I wish I was for you.
For me.

I wish I were more like a girl because
Then you could see that
My shaking body is anything but pretentious,
And all blood stained shirts
Are from those tears
You so precisely aimed at my chest,
Slightly to the left.

1 comment:

Honey Bee's on Tuesday said...

I really really really really really like this poem! :) i like the beginning how you refer to a boy and their arms not being strong. And I love your last stanza saying you wish he was like a girl. My favorite: "You so precisely aimed at my chest, slightly to the left" i like how you refer to your heart like that! awesome job!